The lab lasts three years and provides the realization of innovative project works carried out by groups of students. These projects will concern possible start-up student ideas or the realization of ad hoc projects based on challenges launched by the partner companies, based on express indications from the latter.
Campania Newsteel srl is a certified incubator according to the Growth Decree 2.0, promoted by the City of Science and the University of Naples Federico II.
Campania NewSteel, the main incubator in Southern Italy and one of the most relevant at national level, is a system of modern spaces, technological infrastructures, personalized professional services and international relations aimed at supporting the creation and development of startups at every stage, from the idea generation to the scale-up phase.
The main objectives that characterize the mission of Campania Newsteel are:
- To contribute to the strengthening of the “third mission” of the university, through the enhancement of the results of the latter in terms of the creation and development of startups / spinoffs and through the strengthening of technology transfer processes;
- To attract and connect public and private funds, medium-large enterprises and innovative projects within Campania, in order to enrich and strengthen the local innovation ecosystem and to create a critical mass of resources for local development, thus contributing to increase the competitiveness, employment and growth potential of Southern Italy in the global scenario.
Campania NewSteel provides teams, startups and small and medium-sized enterprises with the following services:
- “Plug and play” settlement (incubation and coworking spaces, logistics services)
- Personalized tutoring and mentoring
- Finance & Development (Information, guidance and accompaniment for access to subsidized finance – Relations with Banks – Negotiation with Venture capital – Support for industrial partnerships)
- Acceleration Programs
- Open Innovation Programs
- Advanced Technological Services
- Internationalization services
Massimo Varrone has twenty years of experience in business creation, development and acceleration. He has supported important companies in the preparation of business plans and industrial plans in the startup, consolidation and business aggregation phases. From 2010 to 2013 he assumed the role of Head of Strategic Planning and Monitoring at Campania Innovazione Spa, from 2014 to 2016 he held the role of head of technical assistance programs to networks and aggregates of companies for Sviluppo Campania Spa and he was a consultant in technical assistance to the public administration, with particular reference to the management and monitoring of structural funds, the investigation and project evaluation for Ernst & Young FBA SpA. Currently He is Head of Campania News Steel, certified incubator promoted by the Idis Foundation – Città della Scienza and the University of the Studies of Naples Federico II. Recent collaborations also include: Unione degli Industriali di Napoli, Energy resources Spa, Technologybiz and K for business Srl.
Business mentor and business startup consultant.
Born in Naples, I have a Master in Business Administration and a Degree in Economics and Commerce at the University of Naples Federico II.
Over 10 years of experience supporting companies and startups, for the purpose of creating and developing businesses.
Experience in the role of business trainer / teacher.
My previous roles and professional experiences include:
- Business Analyst and strategic consultant for major international management consulting companies (public and private sectors), main offices in Milan and Rome (Italy).
- ICT sector consultant.
- Project Manager of Startup Incubator in Campania.
- Startup tutor, expert in various incubators and startup acceleration programs in Italy (Campania, Basilicata, Liguria).
- Economic-financial evaluator of business plans on public financing measures for businesses.
- ISO quality auditor (Vision2000).
- Experiences in technological foresight for forecasting sector analysis.
And last but not least .. I love people, I love being with people, I like working with passion and always optimistic!